- The name of the mum to be
- The date, location and start and finish time of the celebration
- The invitee (including partners if it is a co-ed shower)
- Whether food will be served and in what capacity - such as canapés or a full meal.
- The formality of the celebration (fancy, casual).
- RSVP and the deadline.
- An indication of the gender of the baby (if known).
- Request for any dietary requirements and allergies
- Any additional information - such as whether the baby shower is a surprise and any requests for guests, such as bringing along a dish if hosting at home.
- Any gift information. Whilst Baby Registers are common place in America, there are UK alternatives such as Little Wishlist, where the mum to be can collate any items she would like or needs. Check out our baby shower gift guide, for all budgets, for some fantastic ideas to add to the wishlist.
PRINTED BABY SHOWER INVITATIONS
Eucalyptus Baby Shower Invitation from £1.20
Personalised Photo Baby Shower Invitation from £19.00 for 10
DIGITAL BABY SHOWER INVITATIONS
For a more personal touch, you can easily make your own invitations with white or kraft paper and decorate them with confetti, balloons and wax seals.
OTHER TIPS AND TOOLS
Whilst gorgeous baby shower invitations add a special touch, a whatsapp group chat is a great way to communicate with all guests and track RSVP's – just make sure to not include the mummy to be in the group, so you don’t spoil any surprises.
If you are short of time and are hosting an informal gathering to celebrate the expectant mum, a Facebook event is a quick and free way to ensure that everyone is invited without the need to collate everyones' addresses.